Lang Lucas of the HQDA G-8, Force Development Maneuver Branch, Soldier and Maneuver Division, presents on equiping the Army in accordance with National Priorities and the Army Campaign Plan, FD keyword listing, the DoD decision support system, Army force management model, the TRADOC organizational chart, and more.
COL Jim Schirmer, Project Manager, Armored Fighting Vehicles, presents the Bradley Vehicle Fighting System Overview, Self Propelled Howitzer Systems Highlights, Future Fighting Vehicle / Mobile Protected Firepower and Broad Challenges.
What might the future of fighting vehicles look like? Patrick Maloney, Executive Director Government Relation, introduces an innovative technology to fight and win tomorrows battles. The XM Spartan, a lightweight, highly mobile, tracked vehicle. It is envisioned to transition to a fully networked unmanned platform. And is equipped with an adaptive modular weapons system and a modular protective control capsule. Critical functions for enabling SWARM.
Exclusive presentation by Geoffrey Thor Desmoulin Ph.D. about the problems with AV mines and IEDs on tactical vehicles, U.S. born bombings and how these two things are likely to increase. Also addressing the solutions to these problems, methods for mitigating them, results of each tested method, and where he sees technology for blast elimination for the future. If you would like a copy emailed to you, email email@example.com.
Colonel John B. Atkinson, Director, Fires and Maneuver Integration Division, Capabilities Development Directorate, CD&I, HQMC. Discusses ship to shore capabilities, capacity and lethality, and future plans and industry opportunities.
COL William Nuckols, Director, Mounted Requirements for the U.S. Army Maneuver Center of Excellence. Presents on what the future operating environment will be, implications of the OE, changes to POM 19, the near, mid and far term CVMS implementations. As well as the next generation combat vehicle up to FY 2035, and movement and maneuver functional concept.
Mr. Clifton Boyd, Deputy Project Manager of PM Stryker Brigade Combat Team, PEO GCS. discusses the iron triangle challenge, stryker evolution & continuous improvement, the stryker model, ECP 1 key technologies, ICVD design overview, ECP2a - remote weapon station improvement, Modified Improved Target Acquisition System (MITAS) improvement, and what the future of lethality looks like.
Colonel Gerald “Andy” Boston, Director Team NGCV Provisional , MCoE, US Army, presents on the emerging requirements and concepts for next generation combat vehicles.
Colonel Geoffrey Norman, Division Chief, G-8 ARDEC US Army, presents on the strategies for resourcing modernization.
Identifying Future Capabilities of Robotic and Autonomous Systems (RAS) to Increase Situational Awareness and Force Protection
Mr. Dale Ormond, Principal Director, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Research and Engineering), presents on the future capabilities of robotic and autonomous systems.
Colonel (Ret) Doug Morrison, Business Development Director, Soucy Defense, presents a review of the CRT technology for armoured vehicles.
Mr. Douglas Bryce, Program Executive Officer, Joint Program Executive Office Chemical and Biological Defense presents on the challenges of combat vehicles operating in a CBRNE environment.
Kristian Muench, Threat Integration Staff Officer, HQDA DCS, G-2, presents a review of the operational environment 2035.
Major General Brian Cummings, Program Executive Officer, Ground Combat Systems, US Army, presents on the future requirements of NGCV's.
Taking a New Approach to Solving Mobility & Protection Challenges of Combat Vehicles in the Battlefield
Michael McCarthy, Deputy to the Commanding General, Maneuver Support Center of Excellence, US Army, presents on a new approach to solving mobility and protection challenges.
Samuel Bendett, Associate Research Analyst, Center for Naval Analyses presents on Russian Unmanned Military Systems.
In preparation for Future Ground Combat Vehicles 2019, we wanted to exclusively share these past presentations with you. Below you will find expert content on:
- NG-NRMM CDT Virtual and Physical Demonstration Plan: Scott Bradley, Project Manager/Research Leader, Michigan Technological University
- Army National Security Strategy, Budgets, and the Future of Ground Combat Vehicles: Mark Cancian, Senior Adviser, International Security Program, Center for Strategic & International Studies
- Short Term and Long Term Strategic Plan In Modernizing Stryker Vehicles: Colonel Glenn Dean, Project Manager, Stryker Brigade Combat Team, U.S. Army
- Using Unmanned Ground Combat Vehicles to Enhance Strategic Awareness: Paul Decker, Deputy to the Army Chief Roboticist, U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center
- Achieving Assured Positioning, Navigation, and Timing: Colonel Nickolas Kioutas, Program Manager, Positioning, Navigation, and Timing, US Army
- A Strategic Approach to United States Army Modernization Priorities and the NGCV: Rhys McCormick, Deputy Director of Defense-Industrial Initiatives Group & Senior Fellow, CSIS
- Review Of The Composite Rubber Track (CRT) Technology For Armored Fighting Vehicles: Colonel (Ret) Doug Morrison, Business Development Director, Soucy Defense
- Taking Advantage of Alternative Powertrain in GCVs to Achieve Capability Overmatch: Michael Walock, Physicist, Propulsion Division, Army Research Laboratory